First of all, I want to use this opportunity and specially wish you all a Happy and fulfilled 2013. I’ve really missed you all indeed as I’ve not been active online for this few weeks, although it wasn’t as if I intentionally became inactive, but it was due to where I celebrated my Christmas. I traveled to the village to celebrate with my family but to my utmost surprise, there is no internet connection in my village so that really kept me away from you guys.
If you noticed, this is my first post since I traveled on the 21st Dec, but I thank God I’m back now for good. The truth is that, I’m not really sad about the unavailable internet stuff at all because it also gave me some time to celebrate and enjoyed with my family.
Now, I know you may be wondering about the travelling to celebrate with my family, it’s not as if I’m yet totally independent and therefore living on my own. I’m not living with them actually because I’m still a student and I’m schooling outside my town which resulted to my staying in school. In case you never know before, I’m studying Electrical and Electronics Engineering in one institution and also studying Information Technology in another institution. The formal is full time while the later is a part time program.
Looking back at my 2012 Goals.
The truth is that I never set a goal in 2012; I know this may surprise you but it’s the truth. I registered my domain on 17th January 2012 and published my first post on early March. So as of then, I never knew anything about setting of goals until I started visiting other blogs.
But that notwithstanding, I really thanked God for the little I achieved in 2012 especially for the wonderful people I met which I will talk about in a moment. One thing I’m so happy that I did last year was the starting of this blog. I’ve wanted to start a blog back since 2008, but I was waiting for the right time..haha. It was after I read one of Robert Kiyosaki’s books that I decided to start. Robert quotes that……
Sometimes the most prudent thing to do is to take action even when you do not have all the facts…!
Just getting started is your best course of action. Pick a target and shoot! If you miss the target, you move on to the next one.
I guarantee you one thing: doing nothing will get you one thing: NOTHING.
Taking action toward what you want will always win… even if you start wrong, it’s better than sitting still.
The Sad Experience.
After thinking about those quotes, I decided to register my first domain www.yourguidepost.com which I registered in 2011.
But that domain really gave me some heart attack, why? When I registered and installed wordpress on it with some plugins, after few days of the installation, the site was hacked. I couldn’t believe it as I don’t even know what hacking is all about then. I had to contact a friend who then explained everything to me and advised me to contact my hosting provider and ask him to change my control panel login details.
Did that solve the problem? Of cause no. They hacked it again the second time, this time, the guy told me to purchase original Internet Security that the trait is from my pc, of cause I want a solution to my problem so I did what he suggested but that didn’t solve the issue.
They still hacked it again which now made me to abandon the domain and register the one I’m using now. Men, it was really a very bitter experience and the worst of it all is that I never knew anything about backing up of wordpress then.
My Little Achievements so far.
I really did not achieve much for my blog in 2012. But I’m happy for the little ones so far. Below are the things I’ve achieved so far.
- My facebook fans: As I’m talking to you now, I only have 84 likes on my fan page. This is not big though but I’m still happy for it although I wasn’t very active on facebook last year.
- Twitter Followers: I have 645 followers on twitter, not bad at all so, I’m happy for that.
- Mailing list Subscribers: Few months after I started blogging, I purchased some information products materials with master resale right. I advertised them on one our national dailies for $150/month. But I didn’t advertise the sale page directly, when you click on the link to view the products, you will see a squeeze page where I offered a free ebook for download after submitting your name and email address. That gave me 721 subscribers in one month coupled with the 45 I got from my blog totaling to 766 subscribers.
- Daily Visitors: I now receives about 70-80 visitors per day.
- Alexa ranking: 586932 as of today.
That’s all for now.
My Shout outs
I can’t end this post without mentioning some wonderful friends I’ve met in my blogging journey so far. You know what they say that……. When you see any successful man, there are always some people behind it. So below are a few of them.
- Adrienne Smith: Adrienne is the brain behind www.adriennesmith.net. I’ve really learnt a lot of things from her, one thing she taught me that I really appreciate is Relationship Marketing.
- Pat Flynn: Pat is the founder of the almighty and popular www.smartpassiveincome.com. He is one blogger that I really liked a lot because he made me to believe that it is actually possible to make money from a blog.
- Neil Petal: He is one of the most successful blogger out there with so many experiences in the field. I really enjoyed his infographics. You can check out his informative blog at www.quicksprout.com
- Michael Chibuzor: Mike is a freelance writer and the master of Guest Blogging. He is the man behind www.contentmarketingup.com where he writes all there is about content marketing. It was through him that I learnt what Guest Posting really is and how to do it for an effective result.
- Tim Burner: Tim is my very good friend whom I like a lot because of his transparency in writing. One thing I love about him is the way he writes about himself thereby creating more trust from his readers. Check him out at www.tim-bonner.com.
- Matt Wolfe: Matt is the owner of www.businessandblogs.com. If you want to learn how to write and publish your own kindle book, then visit his blog.
- Ana Hoffman: She is a very wonderful lady that doesn’t joke with building trust. If you want to learn more about driving search engine traffic to your blog, then visit her at www.trafficgenerationcafe.com.
- Chadrack Irobogo: He is the founder of www.webincomejournal.com where I’ve learnt a lot of things about blogging.
- Steve Scott: Steve is a blogger and the author of many kindle books. One of his kindle books I really learnt a lot from recently is his Internet Lifestyle Productivity. You really have to check out that book on Amazon because there are lots of things to learn from it. You can as well check out his blog at www.stevescottsite.com to learn more about his numerous books.
Others I can’t forget are…….
- John Chow: www.johnchow.com
- Sunil: www.extramoneyblog.com
- Sue Neal: www.writeclever.com
- Sapna: www.h4hitech.com
- Felicia: www.bankrollmob.com
- Lisa: www.inspiretothrive.com
- Pauline Bennett: www.pauline-bennett.com
- David Walker: www.davidwalker.im
- Steve Watson: www.stevewatsononline.com
- Akos Fintor: www.akosfintor.net
- Khaja Moin: www.capturedbloggingtips.com
- Stacy Clafflin: www.growwithstacy.com
- Sergio Felix: www.marketingwithsergio.com
- Enstine Muki: www.emfastincome.com
- Marcel Spitz: www.empowerfriend.com
- Vince: www.popularblogsite.com
- Jon: www.authoritywebsiteincome.com
- Cubicle: www.cubiclefree.com
- Marcie: www.marciewrites.com
- Vineet Saxena: www.makemoneyonlinefastplans.com
- Jan Bierens: www.janbierens.com
- Ben Troy: www.getfreepremium.com
- Eric: www.my4hrworkweek.com
- Ehasn Ullah: www.guideandnews.com
- Yeremy Akpan: www.probloggertips.com
- Chimezirim Odimkpa: www.iteachcash.com
I really appreciate you all. Thanks for all your comments, retweets and words of encouragements. I couldn’t have done it at all without your wonderful supports. Imagine Top Blogging Coach without you guys. Please if don’t already know those guys, I advice you visit their blog today as you will learn more than you already know.
I pray we continue to learn more from each other in 2013 and the coming years. I know there are many other people I did not mention here but you all are also amazing. I’m very sorry for the long post.
I have already compiled my 2013 goal and will publish it on Thursday by the grace of God.
Let’s all succeed together friends.
Thanks all and wishing us tremendous and unmerited favours this year and always.
How did you celebrate your Christmas? Do you already know any of the bloggers I mentioned above and what is your own say about them? Were you able to complete your 2012 goals and what are your plans for 2013?
Your comments and retweets are highly appreciated.
Photo Credit: FreeDigitalPhotos.net